509 Madison Avenue 10th Floor New York, New York 10022 (212) 754-9000 (212) 754-5906 (fax)
Lewis Tesser is a senior partner at Tesser, Ryan & Rochman, LLP, concentrating his practice in litigation and mediation, representing licensed professionals and professional practices, administrative law and commercial law. Lew Tesser is Vice-President of the New York County Lawyers’ Association and Director of its Ethics Institute.
Prior to private practice, Mr. Tesser was an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of New York. In that capacity, he represented various agencies of the United States government in litigation in the United States District Court and United States Court of Appeals. Mr. Tesser also served as a Judge Advocate in the United States Army where he prosecuted and defended criminal cases and was the chief legal advisor to the Commanding General of the U.S. Army War College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania. He also has served as an Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, New York City Civil Court, a Judge for the Environmental Control Board of the City of New York and a lecturer for various Bar Associations and New York area law schools.
- New York
- Preparing or Coaching the Witness: Where is the Ethical Line?, New York City Bar Association (May 22, 2013)
- To Litigate or Mediate? When and Why: An Interactive Workshop, New York County Lawyers Association (April 24, 2013)
- J.D., with Honors, George Washington University 1970
- P.A., M.G.A., Wharton Graduate School, University of Pennsylvania 1974
- B.A., Queens College 1967
- President-Elect, New York County Lawyers’ Association