Licensing, Compliance Advice & Defense
At some point, almost every business—large and small—will face a regulatory or compliance issue. Licensed professionals in particular know the difficulty of navigating the complex set of regulations that govern their professions. We assist businesses with questions about how to resolve issues with employees, whether an expansion or modification to their business would comply with government regulations, or how to advertise products or services without violating the law.
To properly address such questions it is important to have a law firm with an in-depth understanding of the Federal, State, and local regulations and procedure which govern the particular industry or profession.
For further reading on our administrative practice, please see some of our related publications:
• “Do New York State Courts Apply the ‘Chevron’ Two-Step for Deferring to Agencies?” New York Law Journal (2014)
• “When is an Administrative Determination ‘Final’?” New York Law Journal (2013)
• “Attorney Fees and Administrative Appeals” New York Law Journal (2013)
• “Application of Res Judicata Following Article 78 Proceedings” New York Law Journal (2013)
• “Collateral Effects of Article 78 Findings on Subsequent Litigation” New York Law Journal (2013)
• “Warning on Settling Licensing Complaints” New York Law Journal (1990)
• “The License You Save may be Your Own” American Druggist (1987)
• “How to Protect Your License” NYS Pharmacist (1987)